Choy Ling began practice in 2012 in a mid-sized Kuala Lumpur firm and was part of the team that worked towards that firm being recognised as leading law firms in South-east Asia in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 and improved rankings in Banking and Finance and Debt Capital Markets in the 2018 edition of The Chambers Asia-Pacific for Malaysia.
Choy Ling joined Kadir Andri & Partners in 2018 as a Managing Associate in the Banking & Finance Department and was made a partner in 2020.
Her principal area of practice is banking and finance and debt capital markets. She has been involved in bond and sukuk transactions (both in Ringgit and foreign currency), including convertible bonds, guaranteed bonds and Basel III-compliant bonds. Choy Ling’s debt capital markets practice includes structured finance and asset securitisation.
Choy Ling regularly acts for financial institutions and major corporations in domestic and cross-border bilateral loans, syndicated loans, project finance, acquisition finance and Islamic finance.
Phone : +603-2780 2878
- Advised the lenders in connection with the project financing of the proposed design, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, testing, ownership, operation and maintenance of an independent deepwater petroleum terminal at Pengerang, Malaysia of up to RM350,000,000 and SGD437,500,000 to Pengerang Independent Terminals Sdn. Bhd.
- Advised the issuer and sponsor in connection with a sukuk programme comprising Islamic medium term notes of up to RM8.4 billion in nominal value based on the Shariah principles of Murabahah to finance the 2 x 1,000 MW coal fired power plant project to be located at Kuala Lukut, Mukim Jimah.
- Advised the issuer and sponsor in connection with its issuance of up to RM5.28 billion in nominal value of Islamic medium term notes value under the Shariah principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar to finance the 2,242MW combined cycle gas-fired power plant and its related facilities in Melaka, Malaysia.
- Advised the lenders in connection with a syndicated credit facilities of up to USD equivalent of RM1.1 billion to fund the purchase, development and construction of a mixed residential and commercial development located in Kuala Lumpur known as “Bukit Bintang City Centre”.
- Advised OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad as lead arranger in connection with the proposed issuance of senior medium term notes of up to RM1.0 billion in nominal value and subordinated medium term notes of up to RM250 million in nominal value by Glenealy Plantations Sdn. Bhd.
- Advised Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) as sponsor in connection with the project financing for the development, financing, design, construction, ownership and operation of a world-class integrated refining and petrochemicals complex on sites within the Pengerang Integrated Complex in South Johor, Malaysia.